News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ran Into A Fellow Aviator Yesterday Morning....  (Read 3922 times)

Badger

Ran Into A Fellow Aviator Yesterday Morning....
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:28:32 am »
Yesterday morning, early, I was doing a little night flying in my 500B--- just for fun.  I met this guy in the pattern.  Of course, my day ended much better than his did. ;-)  Doesn't look like I had any damage, but I'll be looking a little more closely when I run out to the airport this morning.  Other than that, it was a great morning to fly!

Ed
Ed

SKYFLYER

• Administrator
Re: Ran Into A Fellow Aviator Yesterday Morning....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 12:24:16 pm »
You need to check to see if (it) was current. Most likely was current day only not night  8)
Good there was not any damage.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 12:27:15 pm »
Ouch!

Last year, I was cleaning the bugs off my Citabria when I noticed, splattered across the engine air filter, what was left of a bird. I never saw him when flying...

Badger

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 02:22:29 pm »
Well, I just spent the better part of 3 hours cleaning bird feathers out of my engine. No fun. Also had to reconnect the grounding wire to the alternator, so he caused a little extra work...

I still wonder how he dodged my 2500 RPM prop and hit the nacelle?   He was not chopped up or cut at all, but very dead.  There were NO smudge or blood marks on the prop blades.   How’s that happen??   Seems he jinked around the prop blades (and really fast!), but didn’t see the nacelle following closely behind... ;-)
Ed

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 08:38:43 pm »
160mph + his 20mph makes for a pretty fast collision rate.  I guess a 2500rpm 3 bladed prop has a perfectly timed gap between blades for that rate of collision.  If you're going to go out you might as well do it perfectly timed. :-)

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.