News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hello from Sacramento  (Read 6837 times)

lesnagy

Hello from Sacramento
« on: April 16, 2018, 07:51:20 pm »
Happy to report that I am a new owner of a 500B. Can't wait to ferry it home in a few weeks. I am sure I will have lots of questions over time. I am a new A&P as well so here is the big test to see if that pays off as designed. :)

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
Re: Hello from Sacramento
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 10:03:20 pm »
Welcome Les - and congratulations on your 500B!
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

charlieeasy

• Fly it like you STOL it"..
    • Helio Owners and Pilots Emporium
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 10:08:01 pm »
The 500B is a very well-rounded twin, rugged, short-field capable, robust twin.

Greetings from Oshkosh, WI
Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 12:38:02 am »
Welcome! The 500B is a great airplane, and should be really nice for flying in the central valley of California. Please post some pictures when you pick her up!

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 02:52:22 pm »
No No,  we want a video log like Adam did of the trip across the country.  See if you can out do him.  Shouldn't be too hard as he seems to have forgotten how to use his camera lately. :-)

And Welcome,

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

charlieeasy

• Fly it like you STOL it"..
    • Helio Owners and Pilots Emporium
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 03:05:11 pm »
Welcome to the group Les, send pics of the 500B, and bring it to KOSH if you can

Cheers,
Stephen
Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons.

lesnagy

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 10:26:44 pm »
Thx for all the posts. I pic it up friday so feeling like Xmas now. Can't wait.
I will attempt the video but will have loads of pics Florida to California.
Here is one to get you started.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 11:08:03 pm »
Have a great trip! Should be fun.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 09:13:16 am »
Congratulations Les.  I wondered where that one would end up. Let us know how you find the turbo setup works performance wise.

Badger

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 09:19:21 am »
Congratulations!   I love my 500B.   Great airplane.  I know you’ll enjoy it.  Hope to see it at Oshkosh or some other fly-in!

Ed
Ed

Roy

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 12:47:55 pm »
Had an N171Z sighting (yesterday?) parked in Transient parking at KRHV terminal as I taxied by in my... rental C172. Gotta start somewhere after being out of the industry for ~25 years. At least I'm flying again  ;)

Let me know if you ever have a Bay area - SAC area run, or further; I'd love to get back in a Commander again!

Roy

lesnagy

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 02:51:56 am »
Had an N171Z sighting (yesterday?) parked in Transient parking at KRHV terminal as I taxied by in my... rental C172. Gotta start somewhere after being out of the industry for ~25 years. At least I'm flying again  ;)

Let me know if you ever have a Bay area - SAC area run, or further; I'd love to get back in a Commander again!

Roy

Will do Roy. :)

lesnagy

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 02:59:31 am »
Congratulations Les.  I wondered where that one would end up. Let us know how you find the turbo setup works performance wise.

I am starting to love this plane. I hated the steering at first but found out that a small line leak was causing the issue. All in all the major and minor systems are in great shape. Every single thing is operational and working as designed. That is with exception of the right side turbo. I haven't had time to look into it yet but I assume the waste gates on the right need attention. Maybe stuck but can't say yet. I feel like the C180 may get neglected a bit moving forward. My only beef is the lack of the pilot door. After a few week it not an if but when can I get that bloody door installed. :) It can't come any sooner. Climbing to the front sucks. Other than that I love this 500B.