News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Leak in or around power brake valves  (Read 4285 times)

lesnagy

Leak in or around power brake valves
« on: May 22, 2018, 12:57:21 am »
While searching for a reason that my left brake pedal seems to sit much lower than the right under straight braking force I opened the left inspection panel and found a decent sized puddle of 5606 fluid under the power brake valves. Please don't tell me that all the work in this area happens though the inspection panel hole. :( I have not determined yet what exactly is leaking. Is there something that is a usual suspect here like O rings in the brake valve etc ? Any insight is much appreciated. I read the maintenance manual but it doesn't give a whole lot of detail in trouble shooting this.

Thx,
Les

lesnagy

Re: Leak in or around power brake valves
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 12:58:29 am »
See attached

Huck-Mag

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 04:25:11 pm »
I've had the same issue for a while in the 680FL.
No one has really figured it out just yet.
Anyone else encounter? Bruce? Glenn?

Brent

lesnagy

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 04:41:08 pm »
While searching for a reason that my left brake pedal seems to sit much lower than the right under straight braking force I opened the left inspection panel and found a decent sized puddle of 5606 fluid under the power brake valves. Please don't tell me that all the work in this area happens though the inspection panel hole. :( I have not determined yet what exactly is leaking. Is there something that is a usual suspect here like O rings in the brake valve etc ? Any insight is much appreciated. I read the maintenance manual but it doesn't give a whole lot of detail in trouble shooting this.

Thx,
Les

Well I lucked out. Turns out scat tube rubbed a pin hole in a short hydraulic line btw the power brake valves. It wasn't easy to find until the system was under pressure with the aux hydraulic pump on. will be an easy fix. I love it when a potentially big problem becomes a non issue. :) 

Huck-Mag

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 05:32:37 pm »
Great! Thanks for the update.
I'll have to bring in Sherlock to solve my mystery.

Brent