News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Scottsdale to Bahamas  (Read 7286 times)

Bruce Byerly

Scottsdale to Bahamas
« on: May 25, 2018, 10:03:02 am »
Short trip  ;D

Oil change on the ramp in Scottsdale. Stopped in Midland, Jennings, LA and home base of Naples this week.

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
Re: Scottsdale to Bahamas
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 11:06:54 am »
Beautiful plane, beautiful family!  :)
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 12:19:17 pm »
Nice! We've been to MYLS a number of times. We really enjoy staying at Cape Santa Maria, although we've had lunch at the Stella Maris resort as well.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 10:19:20 pm »
Thanks guys.  You’ve got good taste if you’ve found CSM all the way from your neck of the woods Don!

This 500B is really nice.  I need to install an engine monitor and radar (debating on used EX500 and Bendix 130 I have removed from the 1979 Shrike project) plus an annual soon.  So she’s going to get some TLC but what a great plane. My family of 5 plus 300 lbs of luggage and 5-6 hours of fuel. And it has the big cabin with an aisle. A good one is to be cherished and flown often imho.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 05:18:35 pm »
Looks like fun!

My brother used to anchor his turbine Goose in the bay at CSM. Fun times... we took a GIV into MYLS, back in the day. As I'm sure you know, CSM is owned by a Canadian firm, and my brother was pretty good friends with Bob, who used to own the company. A quick google search shows that Bob passed away, RIP...

It's a long haul from here in the 980, but we're hoping to go again next year, or possibly the year after depending on our kid's schedules. They are certainly advocating that we go!

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 09:53:51 pm »
Somebody has an Albatross down here as we speak. I think I talked to your brother about the Goose back in the day too but, well, you know how it goes ...

WilsonRiggan

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 01:18:37 pm »
Nice! We've been to MYLS a number of times. We really enjoy staying at Cape Santa Maria, although we've had lunch at the Stella Maris resort as well.

...Just found this thread...  Last summer we discovered Cape Santa Maria.  We went in the 685 via MYLS.  What a great place!

Wilson

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 01:47:02 pm »
I really want to get back there. I don't think it's happening this year, though... once my daughter is in college (next year), we might have more time to go there, maybe in mid-January.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 11:16:53 pm »
I really want to get back there. I don't think it's happening this year, though... once my daughter is in college (next year), we might have more time to go there, maybe in mid-January.

Don - Take her with you. Some of my best memories as a family are from cape Santa Maria!

Now my oldest, Amelia, wants to go away to prep school for high school. It could be the last year! I say we organize the fly-in at CSM!!

JMA

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 11:35:29 am »
Awesome!  Anyone fly a turbo into Staniel?  There was a medical emergency and since we had 'angel flight' designation they turned on the runway lights... Didn't even know they had them.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 11:11:49 am »
Awesome!  Anyone fly a turbo into Staniel?  There was a medical emergency and since we had 'angel flight' designation they turned on the runway lights... Didn't even know they had them.

Regularly.  N771FF is there all the time. 

JMA

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 11:36:04 am »
Awesome, and you sold them that plane!