News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Breakfast in Vermont lunch in Alabama  (Read 3484 times)

KenFlo

Breakfast in Vermont lunch in Alabama
« on: July 09, 2018, 08:30:44 am »
This past week our family flew up to Burlington VT for a week out on Lake Champlain.  This was the first family long flight in N615SB.  I couldn't be happier with the plane's performance and comfort for the family.  We took off at max gross weight on a warm Alabama day and the -10 engines still had us climbing out initially in excess of 2500 FPM.  Wow...climbed to FL250 for the trip.  ISA was +17 so TAS was about 270 with the airplane full of bags and family.  3:20 later we were in VT!  I am so impressed with the 690B.  We filled the baggage compartment and had 6 adults and 1 baby on board.  The cabin is quite enough at cruise that no passengers wore headsets (big deal for the ladies).  Usually on airlines this trip takes ALL DAY with usual holiday delays and crowded airports.  When we unloaded at KBVT the ramp crew could not believe how much load we carried.  They said it looked like a phone booth that folks and bags just kept coming out!  The flight home was equally as impressive even with a little headwind. Everyone loves the plane....I love flying it.

Bruce Byerly

Re: Breakfast in Vermont lunch in Alabama
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 07:16:12 pm »
A time machine. That’s what it’s all about. For me as well, it’s getting together with family.  Life is short!

So nice to see you having fun with 615SB!

JimC

• Administrator
Re: Breakfast in Vermont lunch in Alabama
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 10:15:34 pm »
Too bad I missed you; would have loved to see a 690B. I was in Canada all week when you were here.
500B, B200