News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Mitsubishi MU-2 Book  (Read 4965 times)

Nick70

Mitsubishi MU-2 Book
« on: November 06, 2018, 07:21:20 am »
Hi,
I知 Nicola Laurenzi, I知 Aviation Editor and three years ago I wrote a long article about the Twin Commander. I posted here in the forum the article that was written in Italian.
Some months ago I published a book about the Mitsubishi Mu-2, a plane similar to the Twin Commander.
The book tells the story of this controversial machine and in the third part you値l find a collection of tales from owners/operator.
If some is interested below I attach the  download link:
https://www.amazon.com/Misunderstood-Mitsubishi-MU-2-Nicola-Laurenzi-ebook/dp/B07JDJ6QGR/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541504792&sr=1-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=mu-2&dpPl=1&dpID=41Nw5W60GzL&ref=plSrch

Please let me know if you like the format so maybe in the future I値l write another book about the Commanders.
In this case I値l need your precious help as I asked to the MU-2 Community.
Thank you for your attention.
Nicola Laurenzi
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 08:03:30 am by Nick70 »

kent4142

Re: Mitsubishi MU-2 Book
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 03:03:38 pm »
Hi Nicola,

I am very excited at the possibilities of a book about the Commanders.  I will get started reading about the MU-2.  Let us know what kind of help is needed.

Kent

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 06:02:22 pm »
Hi Nicola,

I am very excited at the possibilities of a book about the Commanders.  I will get started reading about the MU-2.  Let us know what kind of help is needed.

Kent

Kent,

We are working on a proper historical summary as we speak but nice of Mr Nicola to drop in with the MU2 book advert.  It痴 a pretty big endeavor both in time and money.  Now that I致e let the cat out of the bag, I値l take advice and stories from anyone interested in contributing. 

BB

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 08:31:23 pm »
I like the sound of that!

Have you spoken with Bert Zimmerly? Between him, Bob Mays, and your family, I would think you'd have most of the story!

Nick70

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 02:47:14 am »
Dear Twin Commander Friends,

thank you very much for your kind feedback.
The book about the MU-2 was a great job; more or less 1 year and a half, but believe me the hardest thing was with Mitsubishi Japan that asked me to preview the book before authorize some old pictures.
I didn稚 accept because they put too many obstacles, so they asked me not to be mentioned in the acknowledgment page! Very sad because I spoke enthusiastically about the plane and they knew it.
Writing this book was a fantastic experience; I found lot of help from the MU-2 Community.
The book, apart from the preface and introduction is subdivided in three Chapters.
In the first you値l find the whole story of the plane, in the second the rebirth after the 2008 SFAR, and in the third a collection of tales.
On Amazon you could read a free extraction.
I hope you値l like the format.
The most expensive thing was translation; here in Italy it is difficult to found a US native who knows Italian perfectly, but 6 months after the Italian version has been released I found a US native English teacher that translated it.
So before writing another book I will have to cover translation costs first.
Sales are going well (very strange, in Italy I sold more english copies than italians) but the lifeline is 270 copies while now 150 has been sold.
Didn稚 not know that you too have the idea to tell the story of The Commander, absolutely a stunning machine.
If I could help you in some way please let me know.
I知 available to support your project.
Wish you all blue skies and happy flights.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 08:24:27 am by Nick70 »

JMA

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 05:51:57 pm »
Bruce, hope you can put my old man in the notes somewhere, sure he has some good stories for the commander line.