News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: picked up our new twin commander!  (Read 9848 times)

Mike Lever

Re: picked up our new twin commander!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 09:56:02 pm »
southbound.  wonky EGT gauge RHS.   We've been working on the pressurization and it's holding 6.7 psi quite nicely now.   Saw a steady 300 knots TAS at 250 southbound and 280 northbound

Mike Lever

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 09:58:39 pm »
On top before heading into the clag for almost 2 hours over southern oregon and california
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:14:04 pm by Mike Lever »

Mike Lever

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 10:01:51 pm »
On the ramp at Ensenada.  Note how all the window are fogged over.  The inside of the airplane was extremely cold soaked.  I shivered all night trying to warm up

Mike Lever

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 10:03:24 pm »
On my way home the next day.  central oregon after punching through the front that creamed California on Wednesday.  We are so lucky to have these magic carpets.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:16:20 pm by Mike Lever »

Bruce Byerly

Re: picked up our new twin commander!s
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 10:47:16 pm »
Mike - I love the pics and updates and glad you a knocking out some flying in your awesome 1000! 

Disclaimer: (since you guys reading know where this plane came from) I believe Mike will agree that allowing the shop the opportunity to put the required time sorting out the plane reduces the teething issues in the filed dramatically.  As it happened, Mike needed the plane at any cost prior to the shop finishing the final flight checking. The shop did the best given the constraints. We’ll get it perfected but it’s challenging from afar.

SKYFLYER

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 03:18:39 pm »
Looks like the right aircraft for the mission... even if a bit on the frosty side of warm.

KenFlo

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2018, 06:27:33 pm »
Thanks, enjoyed the update.  Keep them coming.

Mike Lever

Re: picked up our new twin commander!s
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2018, 07:05:36 pm »
Mike - I love the pics and updates and glad you a knocking out some flying in your awesome 1000! 

Disclaimer: (since you guys reading know where this plane came from) I believe Mike will agree that allowing the shop the opportunity to put the required time sorting out the plane reduces the teething issues in the filed dramatically.  As it happened, Mike needed the plane at any cost prior to the shop finishing the final flight checking. The shop did the best given the constraints. We’ll get it perfected but it’s challenging from afar.

Agree 100%.    Bruce, Scott, Ryan, Tim, Bryan and the gang at Byerly did a h*lluva job getting the airplane out especially given our time constraint.    The only way I was going to complete my type rating was to get it done with a Canadian guy who was heading to Australia on contract at the end of November.   There are very very few guys with a type rating on a 1000 which is what we needed to keep Transport Canada happy.    We would have otherwise been delayed for five months.   Kudos to Byerly for getting the airplane out the door and for their continued support as we trouble shoot the last bits and pieces in the field.    I'm looking forward to getting the airplane back to them in the new year to finish up the detailing and some other projects.

Mike Lever

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2018, 07:09:15 pm »
Looks like the right aircraft for the mission... even if a bit on the frosty side of warm.

I finally have feeling back in my fingers and toes!    Heading back down to Mexico this coming week and really REALLY hoping for more heat in the airplane.   I'm thinking of bringing long underwear and my parka just in case..

Roy

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2018, 12:30:50 am »
Spend a couple of days in Mexico next time; you'll thaw out  ;)

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2018, 01:08:41 pm »
I'm envious of your Mmo and cabin altitude!

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2018, 01:29:56 pm »
All you need are the 5-blade props from MT, and you have the ultimate dream ship!
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

Neil Morgan

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2018, 04:42:53 am »
All you need are the 5-blade props from MT, and you have the ultimate dream ship!

Don’t they look fantastic! make the aircraft look as if it rolled off the production line in the last couple of years - looking forward to some real world pireps of just how they perform.

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2018, 12:56:57 am »
Kind of few out there still. There's a guy named DeLaurentis who's got some on his 900 and he's very happy. But that's just one data point. I keep trying to convince Steve Binnette he needs a pair!  ;D
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.