News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Pressurization issue discovered recently  (Read 4144 times)

schrambow

Pressurization issue discovered recently
« on: January 25, 2020, 08:35:54 pm »
I have been posting a lot lately on here with questions and comments, so i might as well keep going for a bit.

We discovered a source of why our cabin altitude would fluctuate on certain flights and not on other flights.  From a passenger coming up to the potty seat and sitting for awhile, they could here a slight air leak around the cabin door.  I couldn't hear it due to wearing headsets.  And maybe most of you know this already, but that black strap sometimes has a tendency not to fold into the cabin when closing the cabin door.  When this happens, we don't get a good seal around the door, and the cabin controller is in battle with the door seal i believe.  By making sure this strap folds into the cabin while closing the door, it is amazing how good the cabin seals up now, getting full differential easy it seems.  The photo shows this strap and how it should look when folding into the cabin. 
Again, most of you probably already know this but i thought i would share here as someone might be fighting with this.

donv

• Administrator
Re: Pressurization issue discovered recently
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 09:00:52 pm »
That is a good reminder. I never look at that strap, so worth paying attention to. Do you have an Enviro or Sundstrand system?

schrambow

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 10:26:09 pm »
Enviro

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 01:16:16 am »
Thanks for posting Corey. I’m always fiddling with the spring, not the strap!

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 02:15:58 pm »
Enviro also puts out less air than the Sundstrand, so it's probably a little bit more sensitive to this. I did check mine when I closed the door yesterday though-- so thanks for the reminder!