News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: ADS-B and RVSM  (Read 9724 times)

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
Re: ADS-B and RVSM
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2019, 05:57:35 pm »
But RSVM wasn't even invented when they got certified and got their AFM's, so all of these aircraft must have them as supplements. It's not going to say it in POH. So how does one go about to find out?
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 06:00:51 pm »
This isn't complicated. Bruce can probably give you a quote (well, maybe not for the 680V!).

You get an STC, which involves making some changes to the altimeters and air data system (and involves installing a digital air data computer, if you don't have one already). I imagine if you already have a G950, the requirements are minimal, or maybe even included. If you have a factory original 1980 panel, you're going to spend a lot of money.

KenFlo

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 10:12:47 pm »
Not sure why asking questions seems to upset you on this topic.  I don’t know you as our paths have never crossed so I really don’t understand why you are being a jerk about it.  I am done with this site.  Log me out for good.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 12:47:36 am »
Sorry if I offended you. I was just trying to answer the question.

If I'm wrong, I'm happy to admit it. It would be better for me, personally, if I could just start flying my 980 in RVSM airspace. However, everything I have read has convinced me that is not legal. If you can find something from the FAA which says it is legal, I'm happy to admit that I'm wrong.

Steve binnette

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 09:10:27 pm »
Don, you did nothing wrong.  Just answering the best you can. 

People can read things into something that is not apparent to others.