News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: NBAA  (Read 5290 times)

donv

• Administrator
NBAA
« on: February 16, 2019, 01:46:04 pm »
I'm debating whether to renew my NBAA membership. I like their advocacy for business aviation, to some extent anyway, and in theory I like the ability to use their small aircraft exemption for leasing and interchange (although, in fairness, I've never actually used it).

Any other NBAA members here?

donv

• Administrator
Re: NBAA
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 09:55:45 pm »
I ended up renewing for another year. Still not sure it's worth it, although I do think they do some good in regard to airports and user fees, etc.

Steve binnette

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 02:00:23 pm »
I would like to go the the nbaa yearly event, might be interesting.

You ever gone?

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 10:56:25 pm »
I went many, many years ago (so long ago that it was when I was in college, and I think they were still making Commanders!).

It would be interesting, but I'd rather go to Oshkosh...

schrambow

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 11:12:48 pm »
Don,
my last NBAA convention was when i was in college also, it was down in the New Orleans 1990. I flew a piper Apache from florida that year and it was a great trip and fun event.  I specifically remember touring a Convair 580 corporate plane with a good size library in it and many nice rooms which felt like you were in a fancy house but could fly.

Anyways don, if you ever get to oshkosh in the future, please look me up down in fond du lac (11 miles south) i would love to talk, drink, eat about Commanders and planes in general.  I do get out to the Reno races every year also and could meet you out there as well!  I love the air races.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 11:15:25 pm »
I want to go back to the Reno Air Races! When I was in college, I went several years in a row, but haven't been back since. Won't work this year, I don't think, but I would like to start again.

Roy

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 12:49:28 am »
If any of you make it to Reno, look me up in Biplane hangar, Race #6 Miss Dianne. I'm the Crew Chief for Jeff Lo's Miss Dianne. Still hoping to put Race #13 Miss Gianna together again, but that is a project that keeps not getting to the front-burner.

There is always cold ones in the cooler, and plenty of plane/pilot camaraderie.

Roy
408-533-3396