News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1966 Turbo Commander 680V w. Century engine upgrade for sale.  (Read 781 times)

Roy

Re: 1966 Turbo Commander 680V w. Century engine upgrade for sale.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 12:50:32 am »
I like your plan Adam, better than TN or throwing the towel in entirely.

Great plan... I know you'll "be back".

schrambow

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2019, 09:50:52 pm »
Hello Adam,
you have a nice looking bird there, and thanks for sharing your journey with it. I hope it all works out well for you in the future.
Quick question that i am curious in.  The machine/contraption on your nose wheel in some of the photos, i assume that is an electric RC Tug? or is it just a stop?  I haven't really seen something like that and I was just curious when i saw it in a few of your photos and wondering if it is a tug, does it work well and where did you get something like that?
thanks
Corey
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 09:52:43 pm by schrambow »

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 02:38:40 pm »
Hi Corey

That's an AC Air Technology remote control tug. They work great, even on big and heavy planes due to their big surface area tracks. It's built by Anthony Chan in Chino, who also just happens to be a Turbo Commander owner. Mine is the T1.5 model with the lazy susan addition. The little tug scoops up the front wheel all by itself and then you can tow it around really tight turns without exceeding the steering limits on the Commanders. Love the little thing.

http://acairtechnology.com
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

schrambow

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 10:08:27 am »
sorry to highjack your thread here, I should probably ask this question in a different spot, but not sure where.  You think this tug would work for a 10,325 pound 840?  How does it work in heavy snow and ice also?  We are thinking about getting a used Lektro, but I am wondering if I should consider this unit you have instead?  Again, sorry to go sideways with your initial thread.

SKYFLYER

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 02:09:03 pm »
schrambow check out under "general discussion" page 13 "TUGS"

Good thread on tugs in less than level paved pads.

donv