News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Manifold pressure vs RPM  (Read 13544 times)

ghancock

• Administrator
Re: Manifold pressure vs RPM
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 07:27:44 am »
Oh, ok, sorry, don't keep track of all the user names.  So here is what I'd highly suggest you do.

1) I would remove the rocker covers on every cylinder and look for burn oil on the exhaust valves.  I'd also see if you get on the compression stroke of the cylinder if you have any play in the valves if you try to wiggle them back and forth. 

2) I would do a compression test on each cylinder to see if you have any leaks..

Note: Step 1 doesn't take much time and will give you a better visual on what is going on.  If you have burn exhaust valves they'll show up visually by scoping the cylinder itself and the valve cover view will let you know if you have a guide going bad.  I have been testing compression every 100 hours on mine and didn't fine 2 bad valves that ended up leaving me stranded later on.  After peaking into the rocker boxes I discovered 3 other cylinders that were about to go on me and was able to fix them before hand.

I've also done a blog I think in the Instructional part about compression tests that has some pictures of what to look for.

Good luck,

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Sergio Vega

Re: Manifold pressure vs RPM
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 02:14:06 pm »
Thanks Glenn, I'll keep you posted.