News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: MSP present just in time for Chrismas this year  (Read 4977 times)

schrambow

MSP present just in time for Chrismas this year
« on: December 23, 2019, 03:54:01 pm »
Not bragging here, but I thought I would share with you our MSP 2020 program.
3% increase this year again.
I think we are out at least 350 plus hours or so until our first hot section yet, so our plan is to keep this program until then.
I absolutely love these engines and our bird, but just don't care much for Honeywell for some reason?
Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year.

Corey

donv

• Administrator
Re: MSP present just in time for Chrismas this year
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 04:49:03 pm »
Those are -5s, right?

schrambow

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 09:37:16 pm »
Yep

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 12:15:36 pm »
If you pay that for 1800 hours, that's almost as bad as the $400k TBM hot section Bruce was talking about!

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 04:30:17 pm »
Never understood why the Honeywell MSP's are priced like they are? That's much more than any Williams/Pratt&Whitney jet program!
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 11:17:21 pm »
Do they still hit you with minimum annual flight hour requirements?

schrambow

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 06:40:22 pm »
75 hours minimum they have on this program.
We flew about 85 hours during the year of 2019, however, our ownership transferred back in oct18, but i thought it took until jan19 for the msp transfer/paper work to go through.  We would have been alright on the hours if i started in jan19, however, Honeywell back dated the transfer back to our purchased date of the plane or when the previous owner last paid into the msp i think.
So we were short a bit then and had to come up with 3K to cover the min.  I guess the extra hours will help out this next year period then. 
I believe the individuals whom manage some of these programs don't even understand anything about the aviation field. The young lady whom i was working with and trying to get the transfer program processed last year, couldn't understand that these Commanders didn't have an onboard APU systems. She kept on asking me about getting that system (APU) transferred to the MSP, and i kept telling her that this bird doesn't have an onboard APU!  She didnt understand or believe me for some reason; maybe she couldn't understand my strong Wisconsin accent?
Anyways, that next 350 hours can't come soon enough i think to get off this program.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 08:53:22 pm »
So we were short a bit then and had to come up with 3K to cover the min.  I guess the extra hours will help out this next year period then. 

Do you get to roll the hours over like that? I always thought with minimum hour requirements, that money was just gone?

schrambow

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 11:04:28 pm »
Basically, the 75 hours minimum, starts on our program from Oct thru Oct.   I thought it was going to be Jan to Jan.
We put all of our hours on this machine from Jan19 to Nov19, Oct18 thru Dec18 last year we were down for avionics upgrades and new paint.