News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hi from South Africa  (Read 3456 times)

PaulF

Hi from South Africa
« on: February 09, 2020, 01:07:53 pm »
Hi all

Great to have found this forum. Not many Twin Commanders in South Africa. Always been fascinated with Twin Commanders and trying to get as much info as possible. Anyone with an electronic copy of a POH for a 500S -  I really would appreciate a copy if at all possible.

Regards
Paul Ferraris

donv

• Administrator
Re: Hi from South Africa
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 02:42:13 pm »
Welcome!

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 02:06:33 pm »
Welcome Paul!

Unfortunately, this forum is still a little light on the piston guys - they never really transferred over from the old mailing list in great numbers. But we're working on that and more and more are joining! I also come from piston Commanders, but I had the old geared 520, so not really any relevant stuff about the 500S. But if anyone has a POH, I'd love to have one myself, so please send it to me as well.
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 02:16:37 pm »
Guys - Send me an email: BruceByerly@gmail.com

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 04:00:26 pm »
You know, I think I have one in my library somewhere... but it's not in digital form. But, that could be arranged. I just need to find it.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 11:29:32 pm »
Amazingly enough, I found mine! I will scan it tomorrow, and maybe post it here. It has no copyright notice that I can see and is from 1968, so I think I'm pretty safe in doing so.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 03:01:09 pm »
The scanned version is 50mb, so I'm not sure about posting it after all. But I do have it and can make it available if others need it. It is unrevised since 1968, and doesn't have the Systems section that I presume it would have had in the airplane?

Sadly, it also looks like the airplane it came from was parted out, which is too bad. It was a nice Shrike and I was associated with it in one way or another for about ten years.