News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: N383HC 690A  (Read 2773 times)

Ndege

N383HC 690A
« on: October 26, 2020, 02:20:53 pm »
Good day ---Anyone have recommendations for best places to stop in the Bahamas and Turks? Will be doing a round the Caribbean trip as soon as Covid allows. 
Thanks

donv

• Administrator
Re: N383HC 690A
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 02:49:50 pm »
Assuming you are looking for places to stay, as opposed to tech stops, I have had great experiences on Long Island, at Cape Santa Maria. You fly into Stella Maris (MYLS), and they will pick you up. It is a beautiful little resort, nothing fancy, just beautiful beach, nice bungalows, good food, great fishing and snorkeling.

I want to go back!

I always tried to bring enough fuel into MYLS to return to Florida, and then bought a bit as a courtesy from the FBO there, because sometimes the fuel barge didn't show up or whatever, and I didn't want to be stranded there.

I'm hoping to go back in a year or two. It's a long haul from the west coast, but my son lives in the northeast, so not so bad for him, and we are not quite as locked into school schedules as we once were.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 07:36:53 pm »
What Don said! CSM is fantastic!  Quiet, secluded, calm, beautiful, yet great rooms in the condos. 100% recommended.

schrambow

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 08:32:52 pm »
Not to highjack this thread, but at our 2020 TCFG FLYIN in Rock Hills a week ago, We are trying to create a island hopping tour in April/May 2021 throughout the Caribbean possibly.  Gabriel Fernandez, an 840 driver, and an expert in the Caribbean region is heading up the expedition. Details are not yet figured out, but we are trying to get all type of planes and as many as we can. All are welcome as it sounds like a really neat event and a great social gathering experience also.  Details are yet to be determined yet, so stay tuned, but all ideas and comments are welcomed also.

Ndege

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 06:16:06 pm »
Many thanks for the tips.
Cheers,
Peter