News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What's the deal with this 840?  (Read 5807 times)

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
What's the deal with this 840?
« on: February 17, 2021, 04:05:16 pm »
It's been on the market for a few years now, seems to be no takers. Sure, one engine is getting up there and panel is a little old, but seems to be priced pretty well. Is there some history there that prevents it from selling?

https://www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/106935395/1979-commander-840-turboprop-aircraft
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

donv

• Administrator
Re: What's the deal with this 840?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 04:15:37 pm »
I'm curious as well. I know it was with Executive Flight in Wenatchee for many years, both as a general charter airplane and then on an air ambulance contract they had. They went out of business years ago (at one time, they were a pretty sizable operation, with Commanders, Learjets, and Challengers, along with a large maintenance shop), and I think it still belongs to someone associated with them.

I see it at Aero Air once in a while. I believe Aero Air did the hot section, which is interesting, but not a big cause for concern.

However, I keep seeing intimations that there is something wrong with it, but no one will say outright.

Bruce Byerly

Re: What's the deal with this 840?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 07:37:11 pm »
You wanna know, call me. I recently flew that thing to a prebuy. We can start with the original airframe hoses and go from there!