News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bose proflight series II  (Read 2442 times)

EricDapp

Bose proflight series II
« on: May 30, 2021, 01:47:19 am »
Has anyone used the light weight style headsets in a turbo commander?

The boss says the normal A-20’s give her a headache from the squeezing from them.

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
Re: Bose proflight series II
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 11:11:12 am »
I've been looking at these as well, would be interested in hearing if anyone's got experience with them.
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

SKYFLYER

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 12:39:30 pm »
I have the A20 and the ProFlight 2 and just like your wife my adult kids are not fond of them as well.

The A20 set I have used and not been bothered by the tension of the head band, but I always return to my old light speed Mach 1's

https://www.lightspeedaviation.com/product/mach-1/

Sadly they have been discontinued. I have them with custom ear molds that light speed provided when they were being marketed. For long legs I have always found them to be "not there" as not sensing them at all unlike the Bose that I am adjusting throughout the flight.

If the A20 set is bothering your wife, I do not think that the ProFlights will be any better as they have about the same tension in the headband.

Maybe you can find one of the Mach 1 or contact Lightspeed to see if they might have one in a storage room left.

Kzastrow1

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 04:05:26 pm »
I switched from the A20 to the Clarity Aloft in the MU2.  Super comfortable and excellent sound reduction and quality.  I’m guessing the Proflight will be similar but is much larger than the Clarity Aloft.  I like simplicity.  No head crush or hair mess either!   ;D