News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Garmin G600 Displays / GTN 750 with a 2100 Auto Pilot (Issue)  (Read 2529 times)

aholmes100

Garmin G600 Displays / GTN 750 with a 2100 Auto Pilot (Issue)
« on: September 25, 2021, 04:46:40 pm »
Has anyone experienced this issue.

1. Flight Director - Since I purchased the 690B the flight director is very sensitive. They just seem to fly off as if you are completely all over the place. What should be slightly off course look like it's all over the place. It's not really a big deal but when in IMC with turbulence you are concentrating on the screen. It's creates a sense of motion sickness. Even with very little turbulence it will show all over the place. I have been shifting back and forth and keeping an eye on the stand by artificial horizon.

I don't know anything about avionics but I think it should be simple to adjust the sensitivity. Anyone experienced this. I don't know enough to even know if this is an auto pilot issue or display issue.

2. Bank Angle - When the autopilot (2100) is engaged and with GPSS Nav when I hit a way point and there is a turn it will bank into a 30 degree bank. Not an issue 95% of the times but in IMC conditions it seems excessive. I would think this should be a fairly simple adjustment.

Thanks for any input someone can share.

seanmcgillivray

Re: Garmin G600 Displays / GTN 750 with a 2100 Auto Pilot (Issue)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 07:33:00 am »
You need to get a hold of Doug or Don at Genesys:

Doug Tellef
Field Service Engineer/Pilot
P: (817) 215-7628
Email: Doug.Tellef@genesys-aerosystems.com

Max bank angle should be 20 degrees. It rolls in quick, but should not exceed 20 degrees of bank. It is potentially a gain issue. These guys can help you and/or help your avionics tech.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 11:47:07 am »
What flight director system do you have?

aholmes100

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 04:48:02 pm »
Donv - I have no idea. I am going to check with Byerly Aviation
Sean - Thank you will look into it as you suggested.
I really appreciate the input in the forum.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 06:57:08 pm »
Andrew - as noted, the sensitivity settings (gain etc) are adjustable in the G600 and required to be adjusted for normal operations or the FD can be “hyperactive” and prone to oscillations. It’s outside the install manual and the single biggest 2100 issue I see.

That said, I flew yours for a couple hours left seat and another 4 with you and didn’t note any issue but also did not hand fly in chop so it sounds like that might be the issue.  We have those settings available.  I also spent many hours in mineral wells back in the day after certification trying to modify and make it fly as good as possible but there’s a reason there’s a 3100 now. I just bought one. I hope they fixed the YD as well.

aholmes100

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 11:39:48 pm »
Bruce - It's in Peoria may be you can have them adjust it. I took it down with a fuel leak issue in the line. You can explain what I was talking about. For sure the 30Degree bank should be fairly simple to fix. And then what ever you are talking about gain adjust. It's beyond my understand but would appreciate your help.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 11:10:13 pm by aholmes100 »