News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Cockpit side window surrounds?  (Read 2932 times)

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
Cockpit side window surrounds?
« on: October 21, 2021, 12:49:18 am »
In the shit-show of the upholstery shop going bankrupt and their storage snafu's, Morris shenanigans etc, things got misplaced. I've recovered most of the stuff, but two missing items are the plastic cockpit side window molds/surrounds. My question is - are they pretty much identical between all the models? Does anyone have any used ones to sell? I'm gonna recover and repair them anyway, so condition and color not so important.

Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

Mark S

Re: Cockpit side window surrounds?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 09:58:07 pm »
Adam it is truly painful to watch your string of bad luck play out in real time.
Maybe some of it is self-induced by questionable decision making, but you aren’t getting lucky ....even by accident. :(
Hopefully you will be up and running soon.

aholmes100

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 05:16:39 pm »
Hey Adam - Check with Scott Welch (Byerly Aviation) He has a lot commander parts from Salvage and in stock.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 02:45:48 am »
There may be some there but I also bought a salvage 680 and you’re welcome to those parts. My main problem is I don’t have the time to go cut it up and load what we want to keep

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 09:38:25 pm »
There may be some there but I also bought a salvage 680 and you’re welcome to those parts. My main problem is I don’t have the time to go cut it up and load what we want to keep

Thanks Bruce!

Where is aircraft situated?

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 12:22:52 am »

Thanks Bruce!

Where is aircraft situated?

It’s in Maryland and I need to find someone to help me salvage it. Anyone up for a road trip!?!

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 08:13:48 pm »
What's the latest on that 680, Bruce? Is it still waiting to get cut up? I could do with a front end cockpit mockup as well maybe, for this project I have...