News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Looking for potty seat  (Read 2227 times)

DarylW

Looking for potty seat
« on: November 10, 2021, 11:50:36 am »
Hey Gang
A bit humbling but it would be wonderful to find, buy and install a potty seat for my AC 520… don’t care much about privacy since I’d only have it on long flights with me and spouse aboard…
Any leads? Thanks much
Daryl W
A pilot is only as good as his next landing

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
Re: Looking for potty seat
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 12:31:37 pm »
Daryl - don't think they ever came in a config with that. But you could probably adapt one from the 680 series if you can find one. I know Bruce Byerly is just about to cut up a 680, so he might have one in there.
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 10:55:36 pm »
Did they ever make such a thing? I think Sportys and some other catalogs might have some less permanent solutions which would do what you want.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 11:00:02 pm »
I think I might prefer to look at splitting the couch cushion (to make it easier to remove in flight) and recessing a honey bucket into one side of the couch.  There’s nothing special about the potty seat other than a bucket where I place my kitty litter and trash bag liner for easy clean up.  The toilet seat over the bucket is a flimsy piece of plastic.  I think I have seen this done in some plane or was even an option at some point. No way I’d want a side facing “potty seat” out of a turbine. That would be suboptimal in a 520 or any short cabin plane imho.  All this should be properly documented, flame tested, and submitted to the feds on a 337 with proper structural engineering of course.   :)

DarylW

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 12:18:21 pm »
Got it! That was my next option Bruce…I love the kitty litter idea and I can ‘McGyver’ something that would work… anything better than the gymnastics I attempted with a ziplock baggy…in turbulence no less!
Still waiting for my props…entering the fifth month.
A pilot is only as good as his next landing