News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Meggitt Magic Question  (Read 2350 times)

amchale

Meggitt Magic Question
« on: December 08, 2021, 08:30:42 pm »
For anyone who is still running the Meggitt avionics, how well do those interface with the newer Garmin GTNs? Can they support LPV approaches? I know this has been an issue with older legacy EFIS screens, but the Magic’s are considerably newer. Can you interface the radar altimeter to display on the magic screens? What about integration with the APS-65?

seanmcgillivray

Re: Meggitt Magic Question
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 12:14:40 am »
What AP are you running? The GTN will be the profile, but the TXIs are needed to fly the profiles.

I am forced into keeping my Meggit EIDS and am very concerned the longevity. Anyone have EDUs or DAUs for sale?

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 11:15:54 am »
I've actually heard good things about the Meggitt engine indication system. Unlike the rest of the Meggitt system.

Can you replace it with one of the newer Garmin displays that can do engine indications?

amchale

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 12:25:37 pm »
What AP are you running? The GTN will be the profile, but the TXIs are needed to fly the profiles.

I am forced into keeping my Meggit EIDS and am very concerned the longevity. Anyone have EDUs or DAUs for sale?
More of a general avionics question. I am not currently running the system but I do frequently see Jetprops for sale that still have the system. Most have the Magic/STEC 2100 but I have seen a few examples with the Meggitt displays and the APS-65. Eagle Creek even had an aircraft for sale with the Meggitt EFIS (engine and PFD/NAV) Displays and twin GTN 750. I was just wondering if they ever did a WAAS update for the Meggitt avionics because it would seem silly to upgrade an aircraft with GTN 750s but not have LPV capability with the Meggitt EFIS.

seanmcgillivray

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 07:33:52 am »
Don as of now Garmin engine management is not STC'd for the TC. I think the Meggit system is fine, just no support. Working with a few service centers to find parts. Don't want to be AOG.