News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My son's glider projects (past and present)  (Read 1567 times)

schrambow

My son's glider projects (past and present)
« on: July 05, 2022, 02:48:13 pm »
Not commander stuff here, but my son's past highschool project at the farm with some good video shots, learning about aerodynamics and structural strength requirements on aircraft.  I hope the youtube video links work here, not sure if there are rules to post this stuff or not, i guess i will find out.
The last 4 minutes are the meat and potatoes here.

https://youtu.be/PBFQrHx3yU8

Plus, he is competing in Milwaukee this year for the international Flugtag 2022 Red Bull,  just got his IFR rating, will be working on the Multi- if he survives this competition, then onto the commanders eventually.  Ah, to be young and having virtually no fear again!

https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertainment/2022/07/01/red-bull-flugtag-2022-milwaukee-see-homemade-flying-machines/7645404001/

Root for the Farmers Unincorporated Team 2022!!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 02:51:25 pm by schrambow »

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
Re: My son's glider projects (past and present)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 05:12:57 pm »
Wow! So glad that spar didn't decide to give out higher up! Good, but scary lesson, I suppose.

Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 10:33:45 pm »
Oh man! Impressive son you have raised Corey. Get some video of the red bull competition.

Just not enough meat in there or to much load from the gear?  I always liked the look of  the tubular spars like the Grumman’s for light planes for no reason other than it looked simple.    That is one hell of a fabrication project for a high school kid.

JimC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 03:53:25 pm »
That was awesome!

I think you can get your money back for that 2x4 if you saved your Home Depot receipt.
"Reason for return?"
"Didn't meet expectations."

;)
500B, B200