News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: INSURANCE  (Read 2082 times)

Popeye

INSURANCE
« on: May 17, 2023, 07:47:07 pm »
Hello friends.........I have been having the impossible task of getting insurance. Evryone comes up with different excuses. Any suggestions as to where I can get the Aero Commander 680F insured???? One owner, hangared, and with a pilot who has flown it exclusively for more than 700 logged hours plus plenty non logged. Any help is appreciated for this 1962 jewel. Or alternative of flying uninsured...but how??

donv

• Administrator
Re: INSURANCE
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 10:36:03 pm »
Have you tried Brent Anderson with CS&A?

JimC

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 04:28:30 pm »
Or Gary Gadberry? He's an insurance broker and he's deep into the Commander world.

https://www.aircenterinc.com/contact.php
500B, B200

Popeye

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 12:00:18 pm »
Thanks for initial feedback. Gary has been looking for it with no luck, and Brent, I called he is on vacation........will see what he comes up with. The issue is, easy to find insurance for a shrike, but not for a 680F, same aircraft, just different engines. Go figure.

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 07:08:06 am »
I just have liability on mine and that was dead easy to do. Avemco even did it, which is even more bizarre as I'd heard they didn't like old turboprops.
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

JMA

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 11:42:35 am »
Figured I would post this under correct category:

I pinged DonV on the side about the age/insurance subject.  My old man is 75 and likely insurance is going to require another pilot any day I feel.  Unfortunately having to rely on someone else and coordinate schedules will not be a happy day for the old man.   Met him once but owner of N51DM was around the same age if not older and he just did a refurb and bought a phenom (likely from you Bruce), so I truly wonder what the criteria is for insurance single pilot/age.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 03:44:28 pm »
I wish I had some suggestions. I have to start by saying I hope I'm still flying a Commander at 75!

Everything I have heard is that you need a really good agent, who will make a case for you to the underwriter. Your case needs to be as strong as possible-- experience, training, maybe even health information.

DarylW

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 06:25:45 pm »
I’ve had good luck with Travis at Pik West- here is his number…

1-425-295-9166
A pilot is only as good as his next landing

JMA

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024, 06:43:59 pm »
Appreciate the input.  Didn't know if there was just a standard for the industry, but as you said DonV, he's got a ton of hours in the Commander so that helps a great deal along with only nosewheel failure incident and a few cracked windshields (both in the air and on the ground).