News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Supercharger Disassembly  (Read 6846 times)

ghancock

• Administrator
Supercharger Disassembly
« on: October 07, 2016, 08:35:03 am »
Ever wonder what is inside a supercharger for the pressurization system on a 680FP?  Here is a very nasty view of one.  I'll take more after I get it cleaned up.

https://gshutter.smugmug.com/Airplanes/My-Planes/Commander-680Fp/Supercharger-Disassembly

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ghancock

• Administrator
Re: Supercharger Disassembly
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 04:39:57 pm »
Question:  Anyone know where I might find a rebuild, service or parts manual for the supercharger?  I now have 3 of them (counting the 1 in my plane) and trying to build a fresh one up to replace the one in my plane.

Thanks,

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Steve binnette

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 04:08:31 pm »
Are those metal shaving in there?

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 12:02:46 pm »
No, it was dried up turbine oil I guess.  Both of the ones I have looked similar but once it hit the sink it just washed right off.  I'll take some more pictures once I get everything cleaned up.

Glenn
--glenn