News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New windshield...tinted or clear, green or grey?  (Read 10926 times)

CorsairDrvr85

New windshield...tinted or clear, green or grey?
« on: June 02, 2016, 04:14:19 pm »
Any advice....pros/cons?  Seems ubiquitous to Barons to use green, but must be a reason.  I plan to fly at night, so that is a factor....on the other hand, southeast is pretty hot & bright.

Dont want to bite the bullet on that item, but apparently the windshields in my Shrike are pretty far gone. 
Would be interested in any input on best sources,  etc.

O'B

ghancock

• Administrator
Re: New windshield...tinted or clear, green or grey?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 04:57:40 pm »
Can't help with a source but can offer an opinion on the Green.  I think it was more of a time period thing than a functional thing.  I personally don't like looking through green, but mostly you put those in the back where you're not looking through them anyway.  I think they look dated and would rather have the grey tint.

But that is just me,

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

SKYFLYER

• Administrator
Re: New windshield...tinted or clear, green or grey?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 06:45:00 pm »
For the windshields I have always preferred clear with a sunscreen tint a few inches down from the top edges.... The logic being that i can always wear gray, green, or any tint sun glasses for day ops and I want clear view for night ops.  The side glass I agree with Glenn that the gray looks heaps better.  There is I am told a new side glass window tint that is about the same as what you see on many production car/SUV's, but I have not seen that yet.

Are yours glass or plastic?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:47:03 pm by SKYFLYER »