News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Weight & Balance on ForeFlight - 680FL  (Read 8740 times)

Huck-Mag

Weight & Balance on ForeFlight - 680FL
« on: September 17, 2016, 04:40:50 pm »
While I have been able to get the W&B for the 182 and T210 loaded into ForeFlight, I'm having some issues doing so for the 680FL.

Anyone using the W&B on ForeFlight for their Twin Commanders?  Glenn, you have your 680FP loaded up?

Brent

ghancock

• Administrator
Re: Weight & Balance on ForeFlight - 680FL
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 07:15:37 am »
Yes, and I have a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bpv4WyopAU

Glenn
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:33:36 am by ghancock »
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Huck-Mag

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 06:00:58 pm »
Thanks Glenn!!

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 09:34:00 am »
Sorry, I had the wrong link posted here as well.  I have fixed it now so it should pull up the right video.

Sorry,

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Huck-Mag

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 02:28:12 pm »
Glenn,

I finally got the W&B loaded in ForeFlight for my 680FL.  Your video was very helpful. 

Apparently, 1966 was the year Aero Commander wanted to create some mystery on W&B so we had to calculate a few items which were in your 1963 Pilot Handbook but missing from mine.

Appreciated the video!

Brent
N742W
680FL

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 04:24:50 pm »
Glad it helped.
--glenn

Badger

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 12:41:39 pm »
Hey Glenn,
Thanks for the video setup for W&B for forelight.  I have not been using forelight for that and enjoyed watching your video on how to set it up.  After a couple of run-throughs, I think I've got it.  Sort of cool, isn't it?   Again, thanks.    Ed
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:51:46 pm by Badger »
Ed

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 06:13:01 pm »
Yes, I only use it when I am loading up for a real trip as it is pretty much impossible in our planes to do anything but overload them.  I actually tried to load it out of CG and couldn't without putting a massive amount of load in the baggage area and every then it wasn't reasonable.  But it is cool to have the ability to do it all in Foreflight.

Garmin Pilot just added a pretty nice W&B to their program too that is just as easy to use.

Glenn
--glenn

Badger

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 11:24:41 am »
I've flown my 500B long enough now that I have a pretty good feel for W&B.  I seldom have more than 4 others in the aircraft (actually normally have the 6th seat removed for more roominess), and often leave fuel on the ground when taking others on trips or flying in the mountains.  However, that said, it is pretty cool to have that Foreflight W&B to play with now. 

Again, thanks for the video.

Ed
Ed