News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Training in turbine commander?  (Read 21101 times)

donv

• Administrator
Re: Training in turbine commander?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2018, 01:17:07 am »
Were the FSI manuals for the Commander ever available in PDF? I know they did PDF lots of other manuals-- I think I have the Learjet manuals somewhere, for example.

All this makes me appreciate my FSI manual collection more and more-- when people were throwing them out, I always asked to have them. Some of them, like the 1121, will never again be useful outside of a trivia competition, but I still like to know that I have them.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2021, 04:13:55 pm »
I had another really great recurrent with Barry Lane, through Larry York Aviation. Barry is a great instructor, and really knows the Commander inside and out. You'd think after 30+ years of being around these things, there wouldn't be much to learn but Barry always finds something new to teach me.

This time, we really focused on the NTS system. He had parts to look at, which makes the whole thing much easier to understand.

jbell2355

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2024, 07:53:23 am »
Jean-Luc Pous owns a 690B and does insurance-approved training through Aviation Training Management. I believe he is willing/able to do the training in his aircraft, but you should confirm that with Jean-Luc. jlpous1@hotmail.com

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2024, 12:26:52 am »
Good info! Liability insurance only doesn't require yearly training, but I'm overdue.

Is any one of them really good with the Avidyne by chance? I need training in that.
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

jbell2355

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2024, 08:00:04 am »
I can’t answer that, Adam. My suggestion for avionics training is to watch a bunch of YouTube videos. That’s how I’ve done my familiarization and it worked great.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2024, 12:16:43 am »
Adam, I would probably go with Barry Lane. He's very good on avionics generally.

It looks like there is an Avidyne Simulator:

https://www.avidyne.com/tablet-applications-trainer/

That is a really great way to learn avionics, in my experience. Also, another great thing to do is to hook up external power and just spend some time in the cockpit messing with it.