News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Refreshment centers the same?  (Read 14420 times)

donv

• Administrator
Re: Refreshment centers the same?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 11:29:07 pm »
Well, it's not what it came from the factory with, it's Jim Lindsey's interior circa 2000. It's a little bit different but I really like it. Although, I recently asked my wife what she thought, and she was thinking it might be nice to go back to all leather if we repaint... so who knows.

I like it, but then I rarely sit back there!

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 10:03:18 pm »
I was just looking at the factory option list for the 980 when new, and this is what it says about refreshment centers:

-- Refreshment Console, Left Side With Two (2) One Quart Hot Beverage Dispensers, Cup Dispenser, and Ice Chest

-- Storage/Refreshment Console, Right Side With Decorative Bulkhead, Vanity Storage and Ashtray in Top Compartment... Two Bottom Compartments in Right Console Include: (1) Hospitality Center (3 Liquor Decanters) (2) Ice/Waste Drawer With Cover (3) Storage Drawer (1 or 2)

It also mentions the little trash can on the door:

-- Waste Container-- Inside Cabin Door

I don't think I've seen one of those door mounted trash cans in years. Maybe they were just too small or something?

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 05:35:10 pm »
Cabinetmaker called today and said refreshment center is ready. In the end, I just redid the veneer on the old center and added the cupholders at the top. Looks nice! The cabinetmaker is also a pilot and aircraft owner, so if anyone else needs something similar, I'm happy to pass info along.

Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

SKYFLYER

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 07:59:25 pm »
You know Adam judging from just the pictures.... it looks brand new. He really did a nice job on it and the cup holders are a nice touch as well.

I happen to be partial to that finish and I have always thought that it brought out the best look for a Commander interior.

Ready to see it installed with the rest of the new interior.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:01:32 pm by SKYFLYER »

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 08:16:37 pm »
Looks really nice! That is the right hand cabinet, correct? Do you have a cabinet or anything on the left side, behind the pilot's seat?

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 08:49:38 pm »
Thanks. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I just think they changed the top veneer where the holders go in and just did a really good clean on the rest! I'm surprised it could be saved at all!

Don, I do have a refreshment center for pilots side as well, but I don't want to install it. It takes up way to much space and makes the entry/egress claustrophobic. Plus it's got one of those old built in coffee heaters rusting away, so it's really heavy.

Steve binnette

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 09:48:44 pm »
The angle is nice for the.copilots seat.  Mine is straight and really limits the leg room for the copilots seat even thought I have the extended rails there.

I am considering removing the cabinet at the next 150hr and seeing how I like it with out a cabinet.

The angled ones seems better.

kent4142

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 04:39:55 pm »
Hi Guys,

Are you flying the 680 regularly now Adam?  The cabinet looks great!

I just got back from Asheville where I have a vacation cabin.  I enjoyed the cabin - but the fun for me was flying up and back.

When is the next fly in get together?  Do we know where it will be?

Kent

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 02:19:22 am »
Hi Kent.

Not flying regularly yet. You've probably got more hours in type than I have now!! :'(

Getting there. I'm hoping to go up next week and test fly her ass.