News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Trio Pro Pilot STC  (Read 6763 times)

pcodum

Trio Pro Pilot STC
« on: January 12, 2017, 10:37:01 pm »
All, I have owned several Twin Commanders over the years. My last was N680E. It sits forelorn in Morris Kernicks hangar. On to important things. I have formed a new company, The STC Group, LLC. I am working with the Chicago ACO, same group that did the Dynon STC, for approval to install Trio Avionics Pro Pilot autopilot into certified aircraft. Have no fear, this project is going to be successful. We expect our initial approval for the Cessna 182 and 172 install kits on or after Sun n Fun. We don't know what form the autopilot approval will look like, PMA, STC, NORSEE. That piece is in play. If there is interest from you Twin Commander folks and a market we will "bring you into the fold" so to speak. We've had great interest from the Twin Bonanza group. They do not have a large following but we have them in order on our "priority" list. Please feel free to contact me if there is interest. I have a monthly email publication to all the type groups. Some of you may have noticed the articles about this effort in AOPA, EAA, CPA, and other publications. Keep the faith and we may be able to get Trio Pro Pilots into the Commander Fleet. Paul 805-304-5246.....

ghancock

• Administrator
Re: Trio Pro Pilot STC
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 08:17:06 am »
Thanks for the info and I'd have to research them a bit before I could say if I'd be interested.

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Badger

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 01:26:22 pm »
Are you going to have a booth at Sun n Fun this year? 
Ed

MtnWest

• Fly Colorado
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:35:59 pm »
Reviving an older thread here, but wanted to pass along some updates. My current commander has a inop and outdated Lear L2 autopilot system. Would be nice to at least have a basic and modern system I could replace it with. My mission being - non-commercial part 91 flights.

Unfortunately Century, Garmin, and Genesys/STEC don't support installations for the straight 560 and as you can imagine- have no desire to. Previous methods of using a Field Approval to utilize the STC for a later 560A-E or 500 series are no longer possible due to FSDO guidance changes.

In case others are in a similar situation.... I spoke with Paul from the STC group and the Commanders are on their radar. They've had quite a bit of success with other airframes over the last year. I have offered my support and expressed interest in purchasing a product should it become available. I believe he's looking to find someone who has a 500 A, B,  S, or U for assistance in development and testing of the servo support brackets necessary for the STC.

If you're interested in either the final STC or testing, send him a message at paul.odum@thestcgroupllc.com
Web: https://www.thestcgroup.net/
1955 AC560