News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Search May be Ending (500B)  (Read 7080 times)

Willis

• Retired: Engineer; PE, PhD, Professor Emeritus
My Search May be Ending (500B)
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:23:38 pm »
Well it looks like my search may be ending.  I've found a 500B project that fits both my budget and abilities.

I'll need to ferry it to my place to begin the restoration, but its in decent enough shape to move on.  We're in negotiations and I now need an A/P-IA in the Central Valley to take a look at it with me.

I've approached Morris, but he's too busy to work into my time frame (ASAP).

Are there any other Mechanics known to the group that work in the Central valley and can look at this plane?

For the most part, They needn't be Experts in Aero Commanders, but seasoned would be best.

Any suggestions are welcome. 

Thanks

Bud.  :)
-Bud

ghancock

• Administrator
Re: My Search May be Ending (500B)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 07:04:55 am »
Congrats on the possible purchase.  I don't know of anyone in that area but hope you find what you're looking for.

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
Re: My Search May be Ending (500B)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 10:02:52 am »
Congratulations and good luck! There is a guy in Porterville that has had a bit of experience with Commanders. I don't have my logbooks here, but they used to do work on mine sometimes. Also. when I sold my 520 to Russia, they took it there to have it gone over before they ferried it to Siberia. Maybe call and ask Morris if he knows about them?

If you want recommends down here in the LA area, I have quite a few. None of them with Morris's expertise, but who have worked on them.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:04:29 am by Adam Frisch »
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.