News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Garmin Panel ideas  (Read 13121 times)

ghancock

• Administrator
Re: New Garmin Panel ideas
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 09:01:32 am »
Its hard to imagine that much larger plane than mine flying the same engines.  Of course you don't have the 500lbs of pressurization in the back so I guess maybe they equal out.

They do sound awesome though :-)

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 09:47:42 pm »
As an update, since it has taken so long to get this panel done due to the plane?s location, I at least have the opportunity to put the new Garmin Txi display in the plane.  I figure the Eis gauges are a no brainer if we are re-doing the design.  So here we go!

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 01:54:23 am »
Any images of what it will look like when you're done?

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 07:25:02 pm »
Ok, sold the last one since I don?t need two and here?s the next.  Let me know what you think.

Dual 750?s, TXI, Garmin engine monitor:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:29:19 pm by Bruce Byerly »

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 08:08:43 pm »
Looks nice Bruce. I'm glad I'm not the only crazy one with a panel mounted iPad... ;)
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2018, 11:44:46 am »
Looks nice Bruce. I'm glad I'm not the only crazy one with a panel mounted iPad... ;)

Ha - thanks!  That?s the least crazy part of it.  The iPad, couples to the AHRS in the transponder or an external source like a stratus (for complete independence on the plane?s systems), give a flight display that looks identical to a new 10mm jet with no maintenance and it?s fully independent.  Of course it doesn?t really have airspeed, it?s not coupled, and has no vertical guidance that I know of, but I think it will work just great for a third horizon.