News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Sorry but had to Update the Forum Registration Process  (Read 31827 times)

ghancock

• Administrator
Sorry but had to Update the Forum Registration Process
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:13:10 pm »
Due to the excessive amount of spam posted to the forum in such a short period of time I've decided that I need to approve registrations before allowing people to post.  I don't know if this will help or not but will plan on sending you a quick email to make sure you're real before allowing you to post to the forum.

Sorry for the trouble but we live among scum.

Glenn
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:07:24 pm by ghancock »
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ghancock

• Administrator
Re: Sorry but had to Update the Forum Registration Process
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 09:10:31 pm »
We have added a couple questions to the mix of creating a new account and will try to see if it will help eliminate the spam.  We may end up turning it back off though if it doesn't help.

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 01:09:52 pm »
Seems to be working, Glenn! This morning, instead of the usual 30 spammers that registered overnight, it was now down to two! Woooo. But maybe we should redo the last question to something a little less precipitous? Should we open up the floor to the members and ask them what they think is a good third question?

Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 02:55:24 pm »
If they want, just have them email you or I any questions they think would be good.  We don't have to limit it to just 3.
--glenn