News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Beta question  (Read 5897 times)

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
Beta question
« on: July 11, 2017, 01:26:47 am »
One thing I tried to clarify at SimCom, which the instructor didn't know and which I think I might have tried to ask here before, nor does it say in manual:

When you reverse - is there some sort of comparator between the underspeed governor that measures that you're getting the same amount of reverse power on each side? Because I could see it getting pretty squirrely if it didn't cone in evenly. And subsequently, is differentiating (or staggering) the power levers in reverse something you do to keep straight? And if so, how do you develop and practice this skill?

I just saw a YouTube clip of Mr Chan's 681 landing where he did that to keep straight, but not sure this is the way it's normally done?
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

donv

• Administrator
Re: Beta question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 01:11:05 pm »
The short answer is that no, there is no interconnection or anything. It's up to you as the pilot to manage that.

Furthermore, you do tend to steer with the power levers a lot on the ground. It starts to come pretty naturally-- especially with your 520 experience. It's really not an issue.

The only time you might notice something is when you are doing a long taxi in a straight line. Sometimes it will just be pulling one direction or the other because you've got slightly more power on one side or the other. The fuel flows can be very helpful in this instance, or with Woodwards the RPM.