News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2017 Twin Commander Flyin Final Details  (Read 16018 times)

ghancock

• Administrator
2017 Twin Commander Flyin Final Details
« on: July 21, 2017, 09:51:37 am »
Here are the final details of the 2017 fly in.  Please call the number I've listed here to make your hotel reservations ASAP to insure you get the group rate.

Flyin Date: 9/22/2017 - 9/24/2017 .  Some of us will be going up on Thursday the 21st but the official dates are Friday through Sunday

Hotel:  The Elms and here is link to their website: http://www.elmshotelandspa.com/

Hotel Reservation Number:  816-630-5500 and mention Twin Commander Flyin to get the group rate of $179/night.  Rooms are limited so don't wait.

Car Rental is Hertz: 816-407-9948 and they'll leave the car at the airport. 

The official Fly In site will be KGPH Midwest National Air Center in Mosby Missouri.  We will be hosted by Central Air  who own and operate Twin Commanders so should be really cool. 

There are no landing fees or anything so should be pretty easy trip for everyone.  FBO at airport: 816-407-3390

We're still making arrangements for the food as we're trying to get a reasonable head count to know what we need to do.  To keep things simple we may just take up a collection at the event to cover the extras instead of having to pay upfront.  I'll post more details on this entry as I get them.

Please make your reservations now and let me know who's coming so I can tally up the count.

Glenn

--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Huck-Mag

Re: 2017 Twin Commander Flyin Final Details
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 04:16:28 pm »
Glenn,

Sorry your bird will not make it to Oshkosh. Hopefully, my 680FL will make it. She's been in the shop for a while. Running a PilotNPaws mutt run up to Tulsa in the morning to work out any bugs.

We are planning to have 4 at the Fly-in. I've already made the reservations at a different hotel but we will be participating in the activities.

Brent

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 08:52:52 pm »
K, hopefully there will be 10 rooms booked at the hotel I worked out, otherwise I have to pay for the ones not used. :-)  But looking forward to seeing you and everyone else.  We had a good time last year and really looking forward to it this year.

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Steve binnette

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 11:22:30 pm »
I need to work on my schedule.  Hunting trip beginning of September eating a lot of the month.

The fly in is a high priority,  looking forward to hanging out!

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 11:19:52 am »
I'll try my best to come. But will buy a room in any case, just to share the cost.
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

JMA

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 09:25:53 am »
Was this a Commander fly in?
Looks like all Commander tails behind him....

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 12:58:35 pm »
Does indeed but no idea.
--glenn

Jeff Johnson

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 08:17:12 pm »
Just flew through there yesterday!
Redding CA
5-6 Turbine commanders. 
Really cool to see them all lined up ready to go.
But the smoke was to thick to see "fire" so they were all grounded.
Fire fighting is a catch 22 I guess.

On my way home a took some photos

Ill try to post

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 08:01:38 pm »
I really hate to miss this as I'd like to put some faces with the names and share some lessons and stories with you all.  I was sure my Shrike would be ready but it's not even close and I have just confirmed I'll be out of the country.   :-[

Hope you have a great visit  ...

Huck-Mag

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 05:26:32 pm »
Glenn,

Do you have a schedule lined out for the Fly-In?

It's about a two hour flight for us so trying to decide when we are flying up (early Friday morning?) and flying back (Saturday night or Sunday morning?).

Thanks.

Brent

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 07:24:53 pm »
We do not have it finalized yet but getting close.  It looks like we have some good speakers though so should be fun.  I would recommend coming in Thur night but Friday morning will work.  We'd love to have you for whenever you can get there.

Glenn
--glenn

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 10:44:04 pm »
Still rooms left? In about a week I will know for sure if I'm not booked for work.
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

drwho67

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 10:59:48 pm »
Still rooms left? In about a week I will know for sure if I'm not booked for work.

If you do go Adam, I expect a Youtube video lol.

Brian

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 09:01:30 am »
To hell with a youtube video, we want a full production.  You've had a long enough break from entertaining us. :-)

Glenn
--glenn

drwho67

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 03:34:18 pm »
To hell with a youtube video, we want a full production.  You've had a long enough break from entertaining us. :-)

Glenn

Truer words have never been said.

B