News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2017 Twin Commander Flyin Final Details  (Read 13389 times)

JimBob

Re: 2017 Twin Commander Flyin Final Details
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 09:20:13 pm »
Here are the final details of the 2017 fly in.  Please call the number I've listed here to make your hotel reservations ASAP to insure you get the group rate.

Flyin Date: 9/22/2017 - 9/24/2017 .  Some of us will be going up on Thursday the 21st but the official dates are Friday through Sunday

Hotel:  The Elms and here is link to their website: http://www.elmshotelandspa.com/

Hotel Reservation Number:  816-630-5500 and mention Twin Commander Flyin to get the group rate of $179/night.  Rooms are limited so don't wait.

The Fly-In is coming up in 11 days, but there is still time to come.  Just let us know you are coming and we'll collect the registration fee at the door.  We have a great line-up of speakers including Garman, Hancock Engines, Abernathy Aircraft, the STC group, World & Polar Flights author, plus more.  And, you get the hear great Commander stories from other attendees. And there are sure to be a good number of Commanders on the ramp.

If you are planning on attending please bring an item either representing your home state or something Commander/Aviation related for the auction Saturday night. 

JimBob

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 04:36:10 pm »
Still rooms left? In about a week I will know for sure if I'm not booked for work.

There are rooms available Thurs & Fri, but Sat is totally booked.

JimBob

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 04:38:18 pm »
Glenn,

Do you have a schedule lined out for the Fly-In?

It's about a two hour flight for us so trying to decide when we are flying up (early Friday morning?) and flying back (Saturday night or Sunday morning?).

Thanks.

Brent

Brent,

The talks start Friday morning about 9am.  Could you send me the names of the people in your party so we can have certificates printed for them.(yourtcfg@aol.com).  Thanks.  Look forward to seeing you at the Fly-In.

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 08:59:50 pm »
My job booked on the 22nd and I heard the 23rd the hotel was sold out, so prob won't be able to make it this year. Real bummer. But if anyone is flying from the SoCal area on the 23rd and able to take a passenger along, I'd love to have a go at it!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:03:00 pm by Adam Frisch »
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

JimBob

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 05:16:45 pm »
Only one week until the Fly-In!!!  You don't want to miss this fun and informative event.  So if you haven't already done so, make plans to join us. 

As a reminder the seminars are being held at the Elm Hotel starting at 8:30 Friday morning ... we have built in time to go to the airport and see the Commanders.  As we normally do, we will pick a Commander to have the experts go over so you won't want to miss that. 

Since the hotel provides free breakfast to its guests, we will not be providing breakfast at the seminars.  However, coffee will be available in the meeting room. 

See you next week.

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 11:41:18 pm »
Have a great time at the fly-in everyone! Wish I could be there! Just spoke to Peter Bichier who hitched a ride with Morris in Robert Laurentis 900 with the 5-blade props. Would have loved to have a closer look at those!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:42:54 pm by Adam Frisch »
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.