News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tripple Tree Eclipse Flyin  (Read 5862 times)

ghancock

• Administrator
Tripple Tree Eclipse Flyin
« on: August 22, 2017, 01:00:54 pm »
Here are a few shots from Tripple Tree SC00 yesterday during the Eclipse.  We flew the Commander up with 5 of us and of course everyone gathered under the wings for most of the day.  It was hot as heck but well worth the trip.  I've never seen anything like that before and evidently if you are not in the totality zone it isn't worth viewing because when I got back to the office everyone was talking about how it sucked :-) . and they were 98% covered.

The videos are hard to tell how dark it really got because the cameras were trying to lighten things up but it was impressive.

Jacob got to play in the cold water coming down the creek for a while and did I mention it was hot?  Wow was it hot.

Oh, and then take 1000 airplanes and have them all start up 60 seconds after the sun came back out to leave. That was fun. :-)

Here is the link: https://gshutter.smugmug.com/Airplanes/My-Planes/Commander-680Fp/Eclipse-2017-at-Tripple-Tree-SC00

A few shots:

--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

SKYFLYER

• Administrator
Re: Tripple Tree Eclipse Flyin
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 03:11:14 pm »
Looks like a fun time even in the heat. 99% of the population never get to experience the utility and pure enjoyment of having your own aircraft. Reminds me to be more grateful for what I have been lucky enough to have enjoyed most of my life.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 09:26:50 pm »
Cool! Someone said there were a couple Commanders there so I wondered who went.

I was lucky enough to be standing on a rooftop in Mexico City during the last one.  The guys across working on street paused and leaned on their shovels, it got dark just like night time, birds started chirping, car's headlights went on, and then day came once again.

I'm like Adam. My damn plane isn't ready so I couldn't go see it.  ;)

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 10:29:43 pm »
Yes the crickets started screaming with all the rest of us.  It was pretty awesome.
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.