News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Greetings from the Washington, DC area  (Read 6246 times)

Dick Goetze

Greetings from the Washington, DC area
« on: September 03, 2017, 10:52:12 am »
Greetings,

Dick Goetze here.  This is my first post on this site. Two of us are partners in Attorney General Aviation, LLC which owns N690AG a Grand Renaissance 690A.  Our plane is tied down at Montgomery County Airpark (Gaithersburg, MD) (KGAI). Unfortunately KGAI is just inside the DC SFRA, so we always depart and arrive on an IFR flight plan. When we bought the plane about 5 years ago we installed a Garmin 600, 750 and 650 on the pilot side, so we are well practiced in electronic flying.  Most of our flying has been in support of business travel. We also have flown a number of Veterans Airlift Command 'Hero Flights' as a way to assist and support those who have suffered in their support of our country.

Recently our flying time has diminished, so we are actively looking for an additional partner, or to sell the plane.  I look forward to exchanging ideas and experiences with other Twin Commander enthusiasts, and learning from all of you.

God Bless America

Dick

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
Re: Greetings from the Washington, DC area
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 12:07:09 pm »
Dick - welcome to the board! A lot of knowledge here when it comes to Commanders. Your 690A looks and sounds like a beauty! Never want to see you being Commander-less, but if you do decide to sell, there's a classified section to this forum.

How do you like your Commander? has she got -10's or -5's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9B4UlSNEXw
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 12:09:31 pm »
Welcome! Thanks for what you are doing with the Hero Flights.

I don't have much to add in terms of helping you find a partner, but I do hope you can find a way to keep the Commander. For the transportation it offers, it's about as cost-effective as you can get. Does your 690A have Dash 10s?

Dick Goetze

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 05:20:58 pm »
donv,

Pardon me if this is a repeat of something I have already sent you, but I am having a hard time learning how to respond to messages on this site.  Yes, we have Dash 10s.  They really make for nice cruising at FL250/260.  At level off, we set the power at 500 hp on each side.  That gives us 292-302 KTAS while burning 250 lbs/hr on each side.

The Turbo Commander is an ideal plane for Hero Flights. Compared to others, it is easy to get into and out of.  The cruise is comfortable and relatively quiet.

We are always astounded at the positive attitudes of our passengers and their families.

God Bless America

Dick

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 10:12:28 pm »
Dick--

Thanks! The Commander sounds like a great fit for doing that. Thank you for doing those hero flights!

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:41:05 pm »
Dick's plane is a solid one with all of the right stuff.  Welcome Dick!

Asking $797,500. 

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/list/category/8/turboprop-aircraft/manufacturer/commander/model/grand-renaissance

Bruce

Dick Goetze

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 01:51:45 pm »
Bruce,

Thanks.  Bob and I flew up to KBED on Friday and Saturday.  The plane is flying very well, but we are not flying it enough.  Looking forward to your assistance.

God Bless America

Dick