News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Repairing the Hydraulic Flow Regulator in 680FP  (Read 5490 times)

ghancock

• Administrator
Repairing the Hydraulic Flow Regulator in 680FP
« on: September 25, 2017, 09:51:24 pm »
So we pretty much knew where the leak was coming from as we've had this piece out when rebuilding the motor.  However, at the time we didn't want to mess with something we had no parts for.  As it turned out though, I did already have the skydrol o-rings for it and the ones that were in it were not the proper o-rings and had turned to jelly.  It was a very quick and easy fix and the test run has it no longer leaking.  2-3/4 gallons of skydrol were blown out as that is what it took to fill her back up.  I now have 2 very small drips on two other fittings and will try to tighten them up tomorrow.  The gallery these images came from has the part number of the 4 o-rings required for the repair.  Two are NAS1611-216 and the other two are NAS1611-912.

Gallery: https://gshutter.smugmug.com/Airplanes/My-Planes/Commander-680Fp/Miscellaneous

Here is video of everything: https://photos.smugmug.com/Airplanes/My-Planes/Commander-680Fp/Miscellaneous/i-jbp4KtQ/0/6aff8deb/1280/IMG_2357-1280.mp4

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:55:05 pm by ghancock »
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

SKYFLYER

• Administrator
Re: Repairing the Hydraulic Flow Regulator in 680FP
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 06:56:27 am »
Always so much easier when you know where to look to begin with... I think by now that you should have just about every system on your Commander in your memory.

Good job!

Lets hope that you can get some, umm make that lots of "free" time flying now without all the extra maintenance you have had to deal with.

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 07:07:56 am »
Lol. Yeah. Let's hope

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Huck-Mag

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 05:23:45 pm »
I expect you to memorize and be able to recall all the parts numbers, just like Morris. :-o

BL

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 08:22:19 am »
Haha. That is why I am documenting everything here

Glenn
--glenn