News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ipad mounting  (Read 10872 times)

donv

• Administrator
Re: Ipad mounting
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 06:35:58 pm »
I never use prist, unless it's pre-mixed and I don't have a choice.

I totally agree with Steve on CAA-- it's the way to go.

I also have AirBoss, but I don't use it very often. It just gets you the price you could negotiate on your own, but without the hassle of having to ask for a discount.

I'm really happy with my G600. I can appreciate why you are waiting, but I wouldn't worry about waiting for something new to come along. As for the Garmin autopilot, I could see doing that-- or the S-Tec.

JMA

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 09:11:55 am »
"Negative Prist", been hearing it for 39 years.

Stetson- '97-01...

kent4142

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 08:38:49 pm »
Okay,

Durring training Bill and I stopped at "Sporty's" in Batavia Ohio.   That was fun!  I was able to take stuff out to the airplane and see if it fit etc.  So I basically bought the Beechcraft mounting and adapted a larger hose clamp.  See pictures attached.

I don't use the buttons on the yoke really, and I have the iPad where I like it.

Done.

As a side note - that is the most fun airplane I have ever flown!  = : - )

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 10:18:34 pm »
Guys I?d love to see the autopilot but there is the little issue called an STC.  It takes quite a bit of work, money, time, and wear and tear on test planes. I went through it with Meggitt and Stec and, frankly, still never got smoothness of the original Collins analog technology despite repeated trips to Mineral Wells for programming modifications. It was extremely frustrating. But at least it was expensive!  A new AP would require separate tests for each model configuration. And don?t get me wrong, the 2100 has some cool things to offer.  My point is, a new AP certification is a huge project. I?m not sure if there?s any new technology that can shortcut the STC program.

But of course it would be nice.  If we had an order for about 25 of them upfront, we might get some traction. Group buy?  Who?s in?!

No prist needed and it doesn?t kill algae either so no sense paying for it.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 10:20:36 pm »
Okay,

Durring training Bill and I stopped at "Sporty's" in Batavia Ohio.   That was fun!  I was able to take stuff out to the airplane and see if it fit etc.  So I basically bought the Beechcraft mounting and adapted a larger hose clamp.  See pictures attached.

I don't use the buttons on the yoke really, and I have the iPad where I like it.

Done.

As a side note - that is the most fun airplane I have ever flown!  = : - )

Thumbs WAY up!!

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 11:34:28 pm »
Kent-- very nice! I see you have the big optional ADI/HSI, which is a nice setup. I agonized a bit about replacing mine with the G600, but ended up doing it-- not an easy choice, though.

It's funny you mentioned not using the yoke buttons. I use the ident button almost every flight! And the light sometimes, as well.