News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 500B club seating  (Read 6831 times)

r0bst3r

500B club seating
« on: October 27, 2017, 01:53:11 pm »
I have a simple question, on the 500B is it possible to turn the middle row of seats backwards for a club seating arrangement?

donv

• Administrator
Re: 500B club seating
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 06:33:08 pm »
Yes-- in fact, it's more common than not. Personally, I don't understand why you would leave them all forward facing, although someone must like it.

I suppose if you're going to fill all the seats regularly, then maybe it makes some sense.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 08:49:46 pm »
Actually I could never find it approved but, outside of the 3 of us, who?s gonna know?  ;)

Badger

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 12:00:06 pm »
I?ve always had mine facing the rear.   Actually, after seeing President Eisenhower?s configuration, I took out the seat behind mine and made the cabin considerably more roomy.  During the very few times I need all six seats, it takes me about 15 minutes to reinstall it. 
Ed
Ed

ghancock

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 08:20:02 am »
So we tried them both ways and here are our results:  When we had them turned backwards I found the people that sat there didn't enjoy it because they couldn't see where they were going and most people like to look outside at what is in front of them, not stare at the back wall.  Also, in my plane and I think yours isn't much different, if you had someone in both seats their legs were up against each other as there isn't that much room between the seats.

Next; If you wanted to recline and take a nap your chair was up against the pilot seat and could only go so far back.  Oh, and the wife:  She likes to lay back and put her feet on my arm rest while Jacob likes to lay across the entire bench seat.

So for us, it just never worked out to turn them around.

Glenn
--glenn
You can't win an argument with an ignorant person,  they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.