News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Activity  (Read 18258 times)

donv

• Administrator
Activity
« on: February 02, 2018, 01:26:18 am »
Where is everyone?

I try to post regularly, just to keep things going, but sometimes feel like I'm talking to myself...

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
Re: Activity
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 01:59:43 am »
I hear ya, Don.

Just don't have anything new to report that's exciting. Unfortunately, it's only a handful members who are actively posting - I hope we can get more to participate. I felt a little bad lately when Timothy from the UK (who I helped a little in regards to Commanders and who is now buying one) asked about the MT props, and there was literally no answers. We need to grow our base a bit - I hope we can do that moving forward. I also encourage owners/operators/pilots or general enthusiasts to post as much as they can about Commanders. Anything is useful. In fact, even when I have no new news, I will try to post something. Just to keep the forum going. We depend on you, please post stuff. Anything.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 10:39:54 am by Adam Frisch »
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

Jfelipe.rojasr

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 09:58:38 am »
Don, Adam

I am having the same feeling of the forum, I always keep it open and checking it during work because I have found there essential information for the operation of our TC 690A. I have posted some questions of the thousands of questions I have regarding Twin Commader, but it is really sad to see no activity at all.

I will keep in touch with the forum since there is no other one like this on the web.

Thanks guys for keeping it up, please don?t let the arms go down. Anything I could help please count with me.

Regards,

JMA

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 01:42:21 pm »
I keep checking to see more vintage pics!

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 02:22:37 pm »
I have to bug my friend with all the vintage photos for some more! I'm flying with him tomorrow, if the weather is decent, so I'll ask him what he's got lately.

JMA

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 03:16:59 pm »
Would love that Don- also, just curious if you know, it seems to me that the Westwind has the commander body, but they weren't manufactured by Rockwell?

Jeff Johnson

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 06:54:27 pm »
Don,

I still frequent the site and read everything.  But I sold my commander and am hopefully at the end of my search for the Aerostar. 

I will continue reading and posting when I get back up into the air. 

And I was also thinking we have not heard from Glenn lately. 

Next time your in sunriiver or bend give me a shout!!

Badger

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 12:06:33 pm »
I?m on my way to KC to pick up my 500B, after it?s annual and engine overhauls.  Almost time to fly again!  I am pumped!
Ed

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 12:19:42 pm »
With prices the way they are, it's too bad we couldn't talk you into a 690! The Aerostar is a good airplane, though, depending on what you want to do with it.

What model?

Don,

I still frequent the site and read everything.  But I sold my commander and am hopefully at the end of my search for the Aerostar. 

I will continue reading and posting when I get back up into the air. 

And I was also thinking we have not heard from Glenn lately. 

Next time your in sunriiver or bend give me a shout!!

Jeff Johnson

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 06:40:14 pm »
Don,

Like I said 690 would have been way over my budget. 

I'm going with a short wing 600a. 

What a machine and what a performer. 

Baby steps I know.  But looking forward to it!

Not ready for the turbo and pressurization issues.  And not ready for a turbine HSI or Overhaul. 

Ill post photos when I get it.  But she is a beauty! And great ownership history to boot. 

butchm

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 09:33:06 am »
Hey everyone,  Never fear we are out hear reading every post, enjoying the banter.  Do need Glen to get back into the action.  My 500B is leaking a little 5606 from some mystery location under the floor near the pilots feet.  I have dug in there as far as I can go, now I need a real mechanic. Tried to get on the Schedule with Aero Air but that is April.  I think Don Said his bird was going in for annual so no room.  They currently have three turbine commanders in for maintenance.  For you guys looking at Aerostars the Tom Cruise movie "American Made" is a fun watch.  Keep posting there are more than a few of us stalkers out there.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 12:22:05 pm »
Mine doesn't go in for annual until June, so not my fault!

Although, it's due for gear overhaul, so it will be there for a bit.

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 09:14:24 pm »
Hey everyone,  Never fear we are out hear reading every post, enjoying the banter.  Do need Glen to get back into the action.  My 500B is leaking a little 5606 from some mystery location under the floor near the pilots feet.  I have dug in there as far as I can go, now I need a real mechanic. Tried to get on the Schedule with Aero Air but that is April.  I think Don Said his bird was going in for annual so no room.  They currently have three turbine commanders in for maintenance.  For you guys looking at Aerostars the Tom Cruise movie "American Made" is a fun watch.  Keep posting there are more than a few of us stalkers out there.

Butch - sounds like you have a seeping leak on the hydraulic line going into or out of the gauge. Common that it pools down under the floor or drips on the pedals, as it travels down the outside of cables etc.

It's one of the two things I really dislike with old planes - that they had to feed both fuel and hydraulic all the way up to the panel to be able to gauge it. Was the time before the transducers...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 04:55:07 pm by Adam Frisch »
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

butchm

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 03:18:29 pm »
Adam, You and Glen know better than most about the care and feeding of older airplanes.  Mine is in the same category but definitely less complex.  Thanks for the suggestions on where to look next.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 12:39:05 pm »
That's why, on the 695B, they went to electric flap and gear controls... of course, that leads to it's own set of issues!

Personally, I prefer the direct system-- no electricity needed, and no emergency system needed either.

Butch - sounds like you have a seeping leak on the hydraulic line going into or out of the gauge. Common that it pools down under the floor or drips on the pedals, as it travels down the outside of cables etc.

It's one of the two things I really dislike with old planes - that they had to feed both fuel and hydraulic all the way up to the panel to be able to gauge it. Was the time before the transducers...