News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The new AD.  (Read 6334 times)

Adam Frisch

• Administrator
    • Adam Frisch FSF
The new AD.
« on: February 04, 2018, 11:28:42 am »
This just in from the MU-2 crowd - watch out which shop you take it to. If it's a Honeywell service shop, they have to replace the case (at at cost of $20K). If you take it to a shop that's isn't, they'll be able to just inspect the welds per the AD.

Huge difference in price, so beware and do your research.
Slumming it in the turboprop world - so you don't have to.

Steve binnette

Re: The new AD.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 02:54:53 pm »
I read that AD to just require a hour inspection done at the same time as your fuel nozzle inspection.

When I contacted the guys at Naples jet about it, they agreed just an inspection.  In the unlikely event they find a crack, Then it?s gets pricey.

In that case your lucky to find the crack while on the ground, much cheaper than having it fail in flight.

Bruce Byerly

Re: The new AD.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 12:03:42 am »
I?m not sure there?s a lot of magic to these things but ?know how? and resources are critical to getting a reliable engine and support in case of a problem. If you prefer non-Honeywell, then Dave Corwin would be my first call. There may be others, but this is a consolidating business, not a growing one.  I would certainly prefer a quality shop for many reasons over the low bidder when it comes to anything my life depends on.  The two donkeys on the wings especially  ;)   Just my .02.