News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: GTN750  (Read 3517 times)

donv

• Administrator
GTN750
« on: December 02, 2023, 01:34:29 am »
Well, started up at Bermuda Dunes and my GTN750 was dead. I recycled the avionics 1 power, and it came on and worked normally for the rest of the flight, but since getting home it won't come on, no matter what I do with it. So we'll see if it's an aircraft power issue or a GTN issue.

Of course, this shows the problems with these integrated avionics solutions. Losing the 750 means I lose the #1 GPS, VOR, COM, and (I believe) Transponder. Also TAWS, I think and the S-Tec 3100 is quite unhappy without it as well.

However, on the bright side, it did get me home!

SKYFLYER

• Administrator
Re: GTN750
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 08:22:24 am »
I have not had this happen other than after getting the Garmin transponder upgraded for ADSB and extended squitter board installed some years back and it quit mid flight soon after install

The thought crossed my mind "what if" it was the GNS 530W.

I am keen to hear what you discover as to the outage.

Bruce Byerly

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 11:46:27 am »
Garmin issues are rare but I did learn you can flop the frequencies after the screen locks up by holding the knob in. Of course that was after I declared the emergency  ;D

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 05:33:59 pm »
Powered right up today... this is making me a bit concerned. I'm wondering if they find anything-- my inclination, if they don't, is to get an exchange 750 anyway. I'm headed to the Bahamas in a few weeks, and the last thing I want to deal with is a failure over there.

donv

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2023, 02:02:55 am »
Apparently the unit has an internal fault. They are sourcing an exchange for me.

Nice thing about modern avionics is that it has a log of faults, voltages, etc so they could see the problem.